Doximity had the opportunity to talk to a number of ACP attendees this year. Hot topics included AI and tech, how stories and creativity make you a better doctor, clinical practices for treating dementia and lower back pain, and more.
We collected together Doximity-exclusive opinion pieces members wrote about their experiences at the conference, in case you missed the conference or missed the sessions they attended. Here is a summary of what they had to share:
- Dr. Nita Thingalaya wrote a recap of ACP that focused on the evolution of health tech at the conference, including AI and Alexa in a primary care.
- After sharing stories and memories of her journey in medicine at ACP, Dr. Catherine Cheng was reinspired to practice better medicine.
- Dr. John Schumann gave a summary of a geriatrician's talk on dementia and how to best help patients.
- Dr. Prentiss Taylor shared what he learned at ACP about lower back pain and how it will change how he practices.
- In a review of his favorite session, Dr. Jeffrey Millstein relates what it was like rediscovering his inner creativity in a talk about graphic medicine.
- Dr. Ankita Sagar shares four things she learned from attending her first "hackathon."
The next ACP Internal Medicine Meeting is next year in Los Angeles, CA.
Illustration by April Brust